It’s fall clean up time! Thoughts turn to raking leaves, preparing flower beds for winter and cleaning up your practice management software database. If that last one didn’t make your fall cleanup list—it should!
Clean up your database now to start 2019 with fresh and accurate data. A clean database ensures that all your financial and client/patient data is accurate – which is important when using that information to make practice management decisions and to create a meaningful financial analysis report. And remember – it is important to ensure that you have a valid back up before starting your clean up!
How do you conduct a database clean up?
- Merge duplicate clients and patients.
- Ensure all your reminders are accurate.
- Verify if you have duplicate service and inventory codes and, if so, merge together.
- Ensure all your service and inventory codes are in the correct revenue classifications.
- Run a sales report for codes used in 2017 and codes used year-to-date 2018; services and inventory codes not
- currently used should be classified Obsolete.
- Review authorization documents to ensure they are legally compliant.
- Purge data over seven years old that is no longer accurate and up-to-date.