VMC School of Veterinary Practice Management
- A one week intensive, practical and comprehensive training for
veterinary practice managers
- 40 hours of VHMA-Approved Continuing Education Credit
- Our students have come away from this course with increased skill
and motivation. See what they are saying about this course
What Makes This School Unique?
- Taught by instructors who have real, hands on veterinary practice
- Offers a practical hands-on implementation approach rather than an exclusively academic overview
- Students learn specific systems and procedures that have been effectively
incorporated into thousands of veterinary practices
- Small class sizes with fewer than 20 students
- Excellent opportunities to develop student-instructor and peer-to-peer
VHMA-Approved CVPM Continuing Education
- Applicable toward continuing education requirement for the Certified
Veterinary Practice Manager program offered by the Veterinary Hospital
- Worth 40 hours of continuing education credits (VHMA approved course ID 12-24)
1 Week Intensive
- 5-day program interweaves classroom teaching, workshops, and “wet labs”
- Instructors use a tag-team approach to keep the subject matter interesting and the energy high
- Students are required to take notes and turn in homework and project assignments
- Students will collect a wealth of fantastic resources that can be used and
customized in your own practice
- View our more detailed course outline
6 Month Follow-Up for VMC Students
- Each student will be assisted by instructors for a 6 month period following
graduation. The 6 month follow-up is essential to your success as it ensures the transition from education to practical application
- You are at liberty to contact your instructor at any time during the 6 month period for assistance with the implementation of management projects within your practice
- Intensive training session for veterinary practice managers
- Intended for individuals with a background in clinical veterinary medicine and practical knowledge of business management
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business is preferred but not required
- Course is entirely practical in nature, addressing all aspects of day-to-day veterinary practice management
- Taught by Mark Opperman, CVPM and President of VMC, Inc., Sheila Grosdidier, RVT and PHR, and Monica Dixon Perry, CVPM.
- Course was designed to meet the ever-increasing demands and challenges facing veterinary practice managers
Facts about VMC School
The school is held in Denver, Colorado, and registration is limited due to the customized nature of the course and individual tailoring to each student's needs. Please check our schedule for availability. Upon completion of this course, a successful graduate should be able to effectively manage a veterinary practice. In addition to the formal, 5-day training course, the student has the added value of working and consulting with his or her instructors at no additional cost for a period of 6 months following graduation.
Do You Have Questions?
We’d love to answer your questions! Contact our team and we’ll be happy to help.